Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Trilogy of Mideval Women

Trilogy of Mideval Women

My review of Trilogy of Medieval Women by Antonia Bueno is based upon the quote, “Knowing is remembering,” which is mentioned throughout the trilogy. Honestly, I thought the play was confusing and straight up pointless. I really think that I would think differently if the play had been preformed in English. Even though I sat in the “English” section, it just didn’t strike a nerve with me. With that aside, I thought it was interesting that during the play, Antonia would tell the audience why she decided to include certain parts of the play… she was suspending the reality of the play to speak directly to us [the audience]. A few moments of the play stuck in my head; Sancha actually lying on a table to give birth in plain view and the sound of women’s voices echoing, louder and louder. Although this performance was disappointing to me, it had some interesting points.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger PamelaSieja said...

Did you think the actors were effective in their approaches to their characters? Was the outside-in approach appropriate for Matt? Did it work for Sally? After watching the production, I questioned the methods used by the actors, especially because of Sally's ineffective performance. Do you think Sally tried to do too much by adopting both approaches? Also, I wondered why you put the word accent in quotes-- did you find his accent believable? I had trouble discerning it's origin because it seemed over the top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home