Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I did not attend this years production of the Vagina Monologues so I can not write a review about that specific performance. However, I did attend the production last year. The thing that I remember the most is wondering how well the production was accomplishing its goal. One goal is obviously to raise money to help support victims of domestic violence. The other is to educate people about domestic violence issues. I feel like they did a good job of reaching the female viewers but not as good with the males. To me the production should try to educate males because I think that we as a group are less aware of those type of issues. The play was so up front and in your face that I feel like it alienated a lot of men within the first few minutes of the performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home