Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Beauty and The Beast Review

My review of Beauty and The Beast tries to compare this performance with other performances I have seen. And in this case, the live version I saw has been the best as of the current date. Also, I noticed that the live version I saw was word for word with the animated Disney film. This allowed me to get two perspectives with the same storyline. The live version allows me to witness the raw emotions the actors portray…letting me come closer to the text. I also noticed that the music in the performance differed from the performances we saw for class this year. Most of the performances had background music and no songs, while Beauty and The Beast had no background music and a lot of songs. The songs acted as a bonding agent between the performance and the audience. Catchy songs stick with the audience and draw them nearer. I think this is what the director had in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home