Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sex in Theatre

Subject: After being made aware of the sexual atmosphere of Into the Woods, the compilation of children’s stories I've read as a child have become so much more involved. I want to go ahead and make the assumption that nearly all of our culture’s most adopted children’s fables have a sexual tension with some elements of adults-only type humor. Because Into the Woods compiles Jack the Giant, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Little Red, et.al., it is clearly representative of how an infantile appearance can possess a mature theme often times beyond the comprehension of an unaware mind, hence myself. And from what I have learned so far about the theatre, I have yet to see a play or an act which does not strive to ignite the flame of desire in my loins as I am gazing upon the actors. So, it is fair to say that from experiential observations that theatre, and entertainment in general, is centered on sex in all its various forms. This makes sense if we contemplate the true and biological meaning of life(it’s simpler than we all think) which is nothing other than to intercourse and increase our genetic diversity. Getting to this point sometimes is an epic struggle and theatre, dating back to even its origination, is themed upon struggle and conflict. Let’s face it, every play (with the exception of few) have plots and conflicts and 99% of the time, romance or lust. So then, what impression do I get from theatre…isn’t it obvious?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home