Thursday, November 17, 2005

RENT

Subject:

I loved listening to the soundtrack from Rent. I really love Broadway soundtracks anyway, and Rent only reinforced my love for that type of music. I really love the rock-feel that the soundtrack has. When I was listening to it, I was imagining the events that would be taking place while the music is being sung.

In the beginning, I saw the two men, who seem more like boys at times, in a run-down apartment, playing the Fender guitar, and screening their calls. I may have listened to the opening number about twenty times. I also saw the Tango Maureen, with the lesbian and the ex-boyfriend. I could see the facial expressions that Joanne would make after Mark made comments about things that Maureen does. For example, when he says “Has she ever pouted her lips and called you pookie?” and even though Joanne says “Never,” I can still see her in my mind making a face that says she just lied.

In short, I loved listening to the soundtrack and I really cannot wait to see the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home